The Tour, over five days, will spend three full days on the ground, with hotel accommodation provided in central Nijmegen in the Netherlands. The itinerary, subject to confirmation, will cover:
• Thursday – Travel by coach from England to Nijmegen. Introductory talks and group dinner.
• Friday – Operation VERITABLE: 1st Canadian Army – II Canadian Corps and XXX British Corps and the Battle for the Reichswald.
• Saturday – Operation PLUNDER: 2nd British Army – XII Corps and XXX Corps’ assault crossings of the Rhine.
• Sunday – Operation VARSITY: 2nd British Army – 6th British Airborne Division’s (XVIII US Airborne Corps) concurrent airborne assault in support of the Rhine crossings.
• Monday – Possible visit to the War Museum at Overloon. Return by coach to England.
Detailed timings will follow. The coach will likely pick up from two locations, one on the M25 (South Mimms/Junction A1M) and one just off the A2 (Ebbsfleet), and will drop off at the same.