Battle Honours Ltd COVID-19 Update 01/11/2020 

As of  Sunday 1 September 2020, we remain in an unsettled position with regards to our tours, it is our intention to re-commence overseas tours as of March 2021. For that to happen however, realistically the current quarantine restrictions on visiting France need to be lifted, we are following developments carefully.   

This is of course still subject to change and new restrictions being implemented should the current situation with COVID-19 deteriorate. 
We do appreciate how frustrating this has been for you as a client, we share the frustration and hope to start to return to the battlefields as soon as safely possible. In addition, we are hoping to offer several new UK based battlefield tours this Autumn and these will be outlined in the coming weeks via our website or the ‘Quickfirer’.

Please do bear with us until further clarification is provided so we can make an informed decision on your tour, to do this without official guidance may result in lost flight/ferry/tunnel and hotel bookings, our plan, as it has remained since the outbreak of COVID-19 is to reschedule tours as opposed to cancel them on a rolling basis.

We are now  working from home on a full time basis having vacated the office, please enure any future correspondence is sent to the following address: 

Battle Honours Ltd, 'Highwood', 37 Gun Road Gardens, Knebworth, Hertfordshire, SG3 6EB  


The latest Battle Honours advice/information sheet regarding the global COVID-19 virus and how it affects any tour is as follows. 

Firstly, can we reassure everyone that any monies paid for a tour are held in an independent trust account and so are 100% safe. For the current time we will not be chasing balances until we have a clearer picture of the weeks/months ahead.  

Travel industry advice from the very highest level is to defer/delay any affected tours as opposed to cancellation. All advice points to this as a relatively short-term issue and the destinations will be open and accessible within a few months. As a result, we have deferred all departures prior to 27 September.       

The current situation is very fluid and changing day to day.                                                                            

We do feel however, that it is important to share the latest country by country information we have with you. 

We are continuing to treat the issue of COVID-19 seriously yet responsibly and, as such, receive daily updates from the UK Foreign & Commonwealth Office. This official advice, over and above press speculation allows us to make informed, measured decisions on our tours going forward.   

We would also recommend you consult this map that is updated daily for an overall picture of the global situation - UN CODIV-19 Map  

In addition, as a tour operator, regular updates and advice is being provided to us via the Travel Trust Association, this includes any control measures we may put in place, our legal responsibility and projected impact the virus will have on the wider travel industry.  

Currently all official and travel industry advice is to defer and not cancel Battle Honours tours to areas where travel restrictions are in place. Government advice also states that we should consider ‘imminent departures’ only such as the fluidity of the situation and the likely hood of the virus departing as quickly as it arrived. To that end all tours for April are deferred & May tours are very likely to be deferred. Tours before September are potentially deferred and outside of that they remain scheduled to proceed as normal. In the meantime we will not be pursing balances until there is a clearer picture for each tour.       

What this means for any of our upcoming tours is:

(i) All tours are scheduled to go ahead as above with bookings subject to terms and conditions.  

(ii) Tours unable to run due to COVID-19 will, in the first instance be rescheduled/deferred as opposed to cancelled, this is on Government & Travel Industry Advice

(iii) Any client who has visited the recently affected areas on the FCO website should advise us before travel

(iv) If one of our hotels is closed due to quarantine restrictions, an alternate hotel of the same standard will be found

(v) It is a legal requirement for us to request that all clients have personal travel insurance before travelling with us

We do hope this offers some clarity for you and reassures you that, as a responsible tour operator we are taking a pro-active approach to COVID-19 and are happy to answer any specific queries you may have, the best way to contact us in the first instance is via email, should you wish to speak in person, we will happily return your call with 24 hours. Again, we would urge our clients to be patient and work with us as we move into unchartered territory. 

We will of course, update you further should significant changes take place that could affect your tour.